Savoury oat pancakes
This one is dedicated to my nani (Grandmother). It was one of the first recipes I learned from her when I visited her in India.
I’ve taken her version of oats na pudla and sprinkled it with health to make my version of savoury oat pancakes.
It’s such a good dish to eat when you want to enjoy a light dinner with the family but still have something filling. Its skin-friendly, detox-friendly, vegan, and filled with delicious spices.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed creating this version for you. It truly reminds me of some good family times in India, which is why I highly recommend sharing it with the family!
Recipe Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0F9y-oUZKk&t=8s
What you will need:
- 1.5 cups ground oats/oat flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 medium diced onion
- 1/2 tomato – diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 green chilli chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Mashed veggies – ( I usually boil frozen veggies – carrots, peas and green peas, and crush them)
- handful of chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons coriander cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Salt to taste
- Mix the oat flour and chickpea flour in a bowl
- Add in onions, tomato, garlic, ginger, mashed veggies, chillies and all the spices
- Add in water and mix well
- The batter should be thin but not extremely watery – add more water if needed
- Lightly oil a pan heating on medium heat
- Add in a ladle full of batter on the pan
- Spread evenly – its okay if its not round but you want it to be flat enough to cook well
- Cover and cook on medium heat until the batter doesn’t stick and is lightly brown at the bottom
- Flip, cover and cook until not sticky – for about 2 mins
- Serve with a coriander chutney
What to read next –> Mung bean curry recipe