Oat Mylk Recipe
Finding dairy-free alternatives does not have to be a challenge. You can just make a healthier version at home.
This simple, delicious recipe requires very few ingredients and makes the base of many of my desserts.
What you need:
- 2 cups Steel-cut oats
- 2 cups water
- a pinch of salt
- 3 dates pitted
- 1 cheese cloth
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder (optional – for chocolate mylk)
- Wash the oats and add them to a blender along with the water, salt and dates – (add in the cacao here if you are making chocolate mylk.
- Blend until smooth – try not to over blend it or the mylk will turn slimy
- Cover a bowl with the cheese cloth
- Add the blended oat mxiture over the cheese cloth slowly, using a spoon to stir the mixture on the cheese cloth to allow the mylk to drop faster
- Squeeze the cheese cloth to let the rest of the mylk strain through
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
What to read next –> Turmeric latte recipe